Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sex and the City

I finally watched the movie. I rented it from one of those grocery store one day rentals for only $1. This is how I'll be renting my movies from now on. Quick, cheap and conveinent is right up my alley. The movie started out terrible I thought. It was pretty cheezy, but after 40 minutes it started to pick up. Thursday morning is going to be a big one for me. I've decided to get my hair cut and possibly colored. I haven't had anyone cut my hair since 2002. It's not that I don't trust anyone, it's that I'm too cheap to pay for it. I think salons charge too much for everything. That was always one of my issues of being a Cosmetologist. I felt bad for the prices the salon's charged. In these difficult times w/ money, these are the services people don't like to spend the money on so it puts the salon out of business. I know this has already happened to one of my old hair school friends. Last week J and I went to a shopping center's car show. His uncle goes to all of the car shows, so we thought we go check it out and get out for a bit. Well, his uncle ended up winning the mall basket giveaway w/ over $200 worth of stuff. He was nice enough to give it to us. One of the certificates in the basket was for a Salon. So I'm going to use the cert up to get my hair cut. The place is called Fantastic Sams. It's a small chain, but I'd compare it to Great Clips. I'll get a real look and feel for it tomorrow and see how it goes. I figure at least I can get a free haircut out of the place. As I've gotten older my hair just isn't what it used to be. I've fallen out of the 'take care of myself' mode over the years; that or it's just age and it's the downward slope.

No comments: