Saturday, July 4, 2009

Strawberry Pie


I think I mentioned previously that I was going to make a strawberry pie for the first time. Well, I did and it turned out fabulous! I bought a graham cracker crust from Wal Mart, the non-label inexpensive kind, a container of the glaze, which was sitting next to the strawberries from Fry's and used a container of strawberries. I actually bought strawberries from Fry's when they were on sale for $1.99, washed them and took out the stem, then put them in a freezer bag into the freezer until I was ready to make the pie. I wanted to have it for when J's mom came to visit so I didn't want to make it too in advance. The day she was scheduled to come, I whipped it up. Took maybe 15 minutes and into the refrigerator it went. Here is a picture of my first, delicious strawberry pie.

No comments: