Monday, July 6, 2009

Movies

J is not a big movie person, so he surprised me last week saying he wanted to rent some movies. I'm always up for movies so it was easy to pick out rentals. We headed to the trusty $1 rental 3 times! Here's what we rented:

Revolutionary Road-Kate Winslet and Leonardo Dicaprio. I'm a fan of both actors, but wasn't sure what to expect from this movie. I'd say its rental worthy and you have to watch it with an open mind. It didn't end like I was expecting though.

Paul Blart, Mall Cop-Kevin James. I have always liked Kevin James as a comedian, King of Queens is a great T.V. show and he is hilarious in his stand up routine. Rental worthy, I thought it was funny and light hearted.

Bride Wars-Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway. I'm a big Kate Hudson fan, all of her movies make me laugh and they are fun-free spirited. Needless to say, J didn't watch this movie. I thought they left it open for a sequel. It was only an hour and half long, so it went by quick.

Gran Torino-Clint Eastwood. I haven't heard anything bad about this movie. By the looks of the previews I actually thought it might be violent, but it was only violent in one place. It had a really good story mixed in with comedy and sadness. Defiantly rental worthy.

The movie we saw in the theater 3 weeks ago was The Hangover. This one is theater worthy and will also be rental worthy so I can catch the things I missed the first time. I like Bradley Cooper, he was in that TV show that was cancelled (can't remember the name, Bachelors or something like that).

No comments: