Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm Back!

We made it back from Nebraska on Sunday. Our flight left Omaha at 3:00 pm, 30 minutes late. We touched down in Arizona at 4:00 pm. This was our first time flying US Airways and not sure we'll be doing that again anytime soon. Which is too bad because I'd like to support the Tempe based airline. Oh well, moving on...

We arrived in Omaha at 3:00 pm on Friday. J made his favorite stop at QT and our eyes bulged at how "cheap" gas was, $2.14, while it was $2.49 here! At one time Arizona had the inexpensive gas prices in the states, now it's flipped. We headed on down south to Plattsmouth to stay at my parents house for the night. They were already down in Kansas so we had the place to ourselves. We rested a little bit, washed up and headed out to pick up Sonny to go eat at Zios Pizza. We headed downtown and found out Zios moved down the street into a bigger, waaay nicer place. Afterwards, we made our way to 72nd and 370 to Farrens Irish Pub, across from my first apartment. I had to take a quick drive through the old apartment complex to see if anything had changed and let the memories flow back. Jim, Brian and Natalie met us at Farrens where we stayed there the rest of the night.

Saturday morning J and I left for Kansas at 9:00. We made it there by noon and got checked into our hotel, Embassey Suites in Overland Park. We dumped off our luggage and then headed to Paola to check out my brothers first house. Paola was 30 minutes from the hotel, so we didn't get to spend much time at the house since we had to be back to change and be to the church before 4:00 for the wedding.

The wedding went good then it was onto the reception. The reception went well and I was the cake cutter. I passed out in a coma that night by midnight. The trip was catching up with me. It wasn't until Monday that I realized I hadn't drank any water that whole trip. I drank nothing but coffee, pop and alcohol! I guess I hadn't realized how all that caffeine was keeping me going. We had a great breakfast at the hotel Sunday morning, then we left at 10:30 straight back to the Omaha airport.

Back in sunny Arizona was a change from the 7o's Midwest temps. We only brought shorts back for the trip and we were actually cold on Friday night, since the low was in the 50's. At least there wasn't any humidity. It's defiantly monsoon season as we've had quite a bit of rain this past week.

My Yoga classes have been going great! I love it! The Bodypump class has been going well also as I have been increasing my weight lately. I guess I'm getting some strong muscles now!

No comments: