Monday, October 27, 2008

Frustrated

Today was a big day for me to apply for jobs. I've been hearing and discovering the job market sucks right now. Places are either not hiring or they are cutting employees. Crap! There are things that interest me and I want to do something different rather than sit at a desk all day long and gain more weight. I got a little down in the dumps when I met some of Kendra's friends a few weeks ago, you know, the ones w/ the degrees making lots of money doing what they want to do. And here's me, no real degree (most people don't think hair school is a real degree or that you had to go to school in order to cut hair) no idea what I want to do and no money, feeling like a low life. So I've been applying like a maniac to places either by going to the store and getting an application or completing the grueling application process online. I finally found a great job web site to use for applying; it should be really reliable since it's well known all over AZ and has a event center named after it.

At least it's Monday, I should be getting some comic relief from the TV in heat of this stressful situation. My migraine headaches set in, good thing I kept that good medicine to fix that problem!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! Stop comparing yourself to these people who are making you feel bad about who you are. Just because these people might pull a large paycheck doesn't mean their lives are wonderful. Maybe they are miserable and you just don't know it! I know plenty of people who I'd like to trade paychecks with but certainly not trade lives with!
Just remember: You're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you!!!

Ramblings of a bi-polar mind said...

Um Jess is a nerd quoting that line....lol. Just keep looking...Darren has that "great degree" you talk about and still works a shitty job....lol....so it doesn't matter just keep looking. My dream job is to be a Barista...go be one for me and I will live vicariously through you.

Vicki said...

um, I totally want to work in a coffeehouse someday too!

and you both make good points