Monday, January 12, 2009

First Day

My alarm went off at 6:15 this morning. I have only been up before 7:00 in the last 3 months 3 times. It was my first day at Wells Fargo. I wanted to be about 10 minutes early, so I left about 7:30. I had to go through two construction sites and a school zone slowed down to 35 mph on my way. I was still able to make it there in 20 minutes with all that action. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get there minus the construction, but due to my efficient driving skills I was still able to make it in time. But I ended up standing in the lobby with the rest of the newbies for about an hour. They took us two at a time to get our badge picture taken. After that was done, we went up to a room to be fingerprinted. Our manager's then joined us and took us on a building tour. There are two break rooms on my 4th floor with a South Mountain view and two bathroom areas. On the first floor is the cafeteria which includes a deli station, a coffee & breakfast station and a made to order station, which today's special was pizza. It is a nice big cafeteria area with TVs, booth seating and table seating. They have a nice courtyard too between the two buildings which consists of a waterfall and tables with chairs. The rest of the day was filling out paperwork and getting computer passwords set up. They are very organized with their training, we even put in multiple Web sites in our Favorites. The dress code is casual, which means I can wear sandals, flip flops, shorts, jeans, Tshirts, sweatshirts etc. just no tank tops and midriffs showing basically. Good deal! This easy dress code will save me time in the mornings of mindless searching for something to wear and shoes to go along. Everything sounds and looks good, I'm excited about it.

No comments: