Monday, February 2, 2009

Demolition Tile-Day One




Today was the first day for demolition on the existing tile and carpet. Out with the old, in with the new. After a boring 4 hours of training, I called J at noon to see how it was going. He stated several times that it was extremely dusty. By noon the carpet and tile had been taken out and they were just getting started on laying our new tile. Only one crack was found on the concrete sub floor, but one downfall: it stretch from the front door to the patio door. That's one long crack! It's been patched, but hopefully over time it doesn't start to crack the new tile. If that happens, then we'll have some problems down the road. Since our stove has been moved outside, I don't have anything to cook on :) J and I headed to the gym later that night and stopped at Toms BBQ on the way home. Nothing like working out then eating afterwards! Tom's BBQ just opened a few weeks ago so we decided to try it out. I had the pulled pork sandwich with baked beans and J had the smoked turkey sandwich with baked beans. It was really good. J is really impressed with their cheap draft beer ($2.00) so he's excited to go back and drink "lots of beer" he says. We hope the restaurant makes it, it's actually next to my old job, Red White and Brew, but since it's kind of tucked back, it's hard to see. Good luck Tom's BBQ, we'll try to keep you afloat!


Did I mention that I saw a Roadrunner on Saturday? It was my first time so I was pretty stoked about that. I'll be researching their diets and see if I can attract a few in my yard, that would be pretty cool to have one hanging out in our yard. I'd name it Wylie of course :)

No comments: