Sunday, February 22, 2009

Friday and Saturday

It's been a while since I've been on here. The first week of Jones went well. I'm loving my schedule of getting off at 3:30. This week I'll actually be in training and won't be getting off until 4:30. I've been getting up about 5:30 every morning and that has been a hard change to adjust to. There was a couple days last week that I went to bed at 9:30. I'm used to going to bed around 11:00.

Friday night J and I went to the Suns game. J was invited by his college alumni. We got to sit down in front and watch practice. Afterwards, we headed to the second floor to have a supper which was BBQ pork and coleslaw. We had a patio which overlooked the main entrance. Felt like we were VIP! Then we headed to watch the game. After the game we headed to a bar across the street to visit with the rest of the alumni and keep the party going. It was a really cool thing for them to put together for the alumni. We look forward to any of the other events they put together in the future.

Saturday we were invited by Stefanie and her boyfriend Stephen to go boating with them at Canyon Lake. Since J and I have been there before, we couldn't wait to go boating and enjoy the beautiful view of the canyon. The weather was fantastic, sitting at close to 80 degrees. On our way home I wanted to stop at Filly's restaurant in Apache Junction that we've passed before and had struck my eye. It has live music, and well, you know how I feel about live music! Love it! This place was awesome! It was just an old, small town bar and restaurant with cowboy decor and a huge patio in the back full of picnic tables, beer troths, dance floor and complete with a live country band, playing old country songs. You could easily tell the locals from the tourists. All the locals dawned cowboys boots, hats, big belt buckles, knives and some rode their horses in. They have fried chicken on the menu and I was very excited about that. I've been looking for a place that had friend chicken on the menu. It's not around here at all. I knew hole in the wall restaurants would have that. I love pressured cooked fried chicken! I'm already eager to go back. J had a 1/3 pound hamburger with fries. The burger was huge with perfect fries. I don't think you could get a bad meal there. Later Saturday night we met up with Stef and Stephen again at the Fox and Hound. We had some drinks and got to know each other more. They are around my age, so it's nice to have someone we know and willing to go out with us to have a good time. They also just moved down to Arizona in October.

No comments: