Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday Celebration

Today we celebrated Uncle B's birthday. His birthday is actually tomorrow but he already has plans with some friends. Since DQ ice cream cake is tradition for birthdays in my family, I thought it would be a good idea to bring it upon others. At noon, J and I headed to the nearest DQ to get the cake and have the happy birthday message written on it. We then stopped at Kohl's to pick up a small gift. I had it planned to make bow tie chicken pesto with garlic bread. Uncle B had never had ice cream cake. This surprised me, especially since his daughter used to work at a DQ in high school. The cake was delicious, as always.
Today I put frosted privacy film up on the front door side window and in the master bath above the tub. The front door window went real smooth and looks great. Now you can't see in the window. The window in the bathroom went OK, it was tougher. Not sure if it was due to the large window size or the brand of the film. I liked the brand for the front door window the best. They were rather inexpensive at Home Depot (under $20/roll). I recommend using them if you're looking for a different look, cheap privacy and to cut down sunlight exposure. There are many different patterns to choose from, including a stained glass look.

No comments: