Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Day

My first day with Ed Jones, started out a little rocky. My HR contact that I was supposed to be meeting at 7:45 wasn't to be seen. Finally, after sitting in the lobby with the nice security lady, another HR lady came to get me at fifteen after 8. I just needed to fill out some paperwork and get my picture taken for my badge. Come to find out, no one knew where Deb was. Finally she had called and stated she was stuck in traffic on the interstate. You see it was raining this morning but when it rains here people freak out and don't know how to drive in it. I'm used to flying by people in the snow or rain, so not a problem for me. Ten minutes of rain causes hellalot of accidents here. Which I don't completely understand since pretty much everyone who lives here is not a native and there are a lot of mid-westerners here. Anyway, another HR lady took care of me and sent me on my way with my manager around 9. My manager then took me through all of Mutual Funds to meet managers and team leads. Waaaayy to many names that I'm not going to remember. Afterwards, she went over some things and then we had a team meeting. Afterwards I headed to lunch. It was early for me to be eating lunch, but I went with it. They have a nice cafeteria and it was taco Tuesday! They must know that I love Mexican food :) What a great day of the week to start! The rest of the day I sat with a guy who went over my work. It's going to be really simple, but really laid back and chill. I love not have to think or worry about work after I leave work. We are given the opportunity to choose our own hours to work, so I chose 7-3:30, in which I'll be starting tomorrow. No one in my department works past 4. Traffic on the way to work wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but if it wasn't for a quick exit off the interstate I'd have a lot of road rage, luckily I only have 2 exits on the interstate and I'm off of that madness.

No comments: