Flipflops came up with some interview questions for me. I think it's a great way to get to know a little bit more about me:
1. You enjoy going to check out live bands. If you could see anyone in concert (alive or dead) who would you choose to see? What special requests would you want to hear?
Elvis Presley. Even though I know he'd play it, but I'd want to hear 'Always on my Mind'. Most people think he's overrated, but he's an icon and I can't help but be drawn to him, his songs, and his life. I've been to Graceland and seen where he recorded his first song. Yes, I get tired of Lisa and Pricilla living off of him and I wish people would just LET IT GO. I don't understand all the whoopla over his birthday and death. I feel bad that the guy died on the toilet, even though that might be every mans dream :)
2. What would your dream job be if income, education, etc. were not a factor?
Archaeologist. I would love to explore something or someplace that no one has ever seen. I have an infatuation with dinosaurs. I love watching the History channel when it's about dinosaurs. Egypt also strikes my fancy, I would love to go there someday to see the pyramids. I've heard it's amazing.
3. What are your favorite foods (I have a feeling its something Mexican??)?
Mexican would be my favorite food type. I could eat shredded beef tacos, bean & cheese burritos, nachos, and churros everyday. I am a big fan of fried chicken, roasted turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, green bean casserole, BBQ ribs, BBQ pulled pork, club sandwich's, and baked beans. BBQ food would be my second favorite food type.
4. Are you happy with your decision to move to Arizona? What things about Nebraska are you surprised that you miss?
Yes I am happy with my decision. It has been a great life lesson and learning experience for me. There is so much to do and see here. It makes me want to move to other states to explore them also. There is much more life outside of Nebraska just waiting to be lived in. You can't beat how close I am to quick weekend getaways, like Las Vegas or San Diego or even a quick flight to Los Cabo Mexico or Hawaii.
Some things that I'm surprised I miss about Nebraska are the live local bands, some restaurants-such as Summer Kitchen Cafe & Catfish Lake, Eileen's cookies, Scooters coffee, Hy-Vee grocery store, Tory's vet, the free entertainment at the casinos in Iowa. The convenience of seeing family and friends. I actually can't think of a whole lot that I really miss which probably brings me to the fact that I've never gotten homesick.
5. What accomplishments in your life are you most proud of? What important things do you look forward to achieving in the future?
Independence. I've been paying for everything myself since I got my first job at age 16. I've paid off my own cars, schooling, pets, apartment rent, large furniture items etc.. I've never borrowed money from anyone including my parents.
I look forward to achieving more success in life. I've landed decent jobs without a college education. Of course having children will be a large achievement and will be my second accomplishment that I'll be most proud of when that time comes (hopefully without any hiccups).
Would you like me to interview you?
Here's the instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions and a link to my blog.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.