Friday, November 28, 2008

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

Wednesday night I started to make deviled eggs to take for Thanksgiving. The worst eggs ever boiled! I was so pissed that when I started peeling the shell the egg was coming off. I had boiled the eggs in the morning, cooled, placed in the frig for the whole day. I've never had such bad luck w/ eggs ever!! So I just finished peeling them and decided I'd just make some egg salad for myself sometime over the weekend; a dozen eggs basically are going to be wasted.

Thursday morning, up and early at 7:30. I made the Snicker salad then threw some cinnamon rolls in the oven for breakfast, relaxed a little then started the sweet potatoes boiling process. We were to leave the house at 11:00 to pick up Uncle B and his lady. I was running around the place getting things finished up and ready to go; we got to his house at 11:15. We finally got on the road to Tucson where we would be meeting Uncle B's daughter and family; Kim, Tony and the 4 kiddies. We ran into some traffic on the way due to some accidents and construction. Oh, I need to mention the fact it was raining (hint: rain + driving in AZ = accidents) It rained most of the day on Wednesday and off and on on Thursday. I couldn't believe it was raining! Although it was nice to see some different weather, it was cold and windy. We had a nice dinner and a great time at Kim and Tony's. We played two rounds of darts on the Wii (I won the first round). J and I are thinking of getting a Wii soon. Kim and Tony live in a Pueblo style house that they had built 8 years ago. They have an acre of land and it is nothing but cactus and desert space.

This was my first Thanksgiving away from my family. We've decided that for Thanksgiving's we'll probably fly home for them.

No comments: