Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Addiction

I'm an addict I've recently discovered. I'm not sure how or when it happened. It's like crack. It's in front of me everyday and everyone has it. Coffee is evil! I decided to give up coffee for lent. I didn't think it would be hard at all since I only have 1 cup a day, if even that. I think part of the problem is when I make it, I don't make it very strong so when I have someone else theirs is strong and that hooks me in. I crave the taste of it and love the smell. Have you ever noticed how everyone seems to have a coffee in their hands? Or a mug/cup which you assume has coffee in it? Everywhere you go there is coffee. I've been drinking green tea, which I drink from time to time anyway. Green tea has some caffeine in it, but it doesn't have that awesome smell of coffee. Everyday I struggle with this, but in the long run it makes me stronger and I realize how much I can control my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have coffee issues, too. Everyday I say I'm not having any, and everyday I get a weak moment when I smell it and I have to have some.
Hey, I guess it's better than being addicted to crack.