Sunday, May 17, 2009

Extended Weekend

MMM Chocolate milk! Especially after a nice warm brownie with homestyle vanilla ice cream. I made the best brownies tonight. I highly recommend a box of the Hershey's brand that comes with the chocolate frosting. It's called Hershey's Supreme. I also recommend using 3 eggs instead of 2 to be more cake-like and a pan smaller than 13x9. I discovered the best vanilla ice cream about 2 weeks ago. You can find it at Basha's grocery store, for us in Arizona anyway. It is the generic Food Saver brand for Vanilla Homestyle ice cream.

Today I had to go in to work. I was in by 8 and wasn't sure what time I'd be getting out. Luckily I was home by 2. This abled me to enjoy my afternoon. Which consisted of pool time of course, baking brownies and Texas Roadhouse. I received an email for a free appetizer. We ordered the baby blossom, indulged on the bread and I added a Cesar salad and J added a bowl of chili to complete our meal. Of course I always have their sweet tea.

Saturday afternoon J and I had Peter, his wife Sheila and their new baby girl Willow over for a BBQ. It turned out to be a good time as always. You might remember, Peter is our realtor. He worked hard for us to find our home and were able to establish a friendship with him and his wife.

Friday night J and I went to the symphony downtown Phoenix. We grabbed supper from Mi Amigos then headed over to the symphony. They played songs from Oklahoma, South Pacific, The King and I and The Sound of Music. It was really good. We ended our night at an Irish pub called Seamus McCaffrey's.

Now, I can't wait for my day off on Monday! Tory goes in for surgery on her belly. I have a massage appointment and a chiropractor appointment in the morning to start the day off.

No comments: