Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Milestone

Last night was the first time I visited the gym in over a week. I've decided to do more cardio than weights for a while. Last night I did the stairmaster (as usual), added in the elliptical machine, then hopped on the treadmill for a 15 minute walk along with a 5 minute run. Yep! I ran for 5 straight minutes! I'm pretty proud of that, considering I haven't ran since high school. My lungs were a little sore from it though. I know that in order to see results that I would have to run. Running tones your body and helps reduce weight. I haven't done my measurements with my trainer in over a month; I need to get back on track with that. My goal is to run 5 minutes the rest of this week, probably 3 times this week and do weights once. Next week, I'd like to up my running minutes to 8 and add in 2 days of weights. Hopefully I'll be able to see faster results.

No comments: