Monday, May 4, 2009

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I've been on here. We have been very busy. Last Wednesday J's friend Gary and his wife Penny came out to visit. We picked them up from the airport at 9:00 p.m. then stopped at Jilly's American Bar and Grill on our way home. Thursday J and Gary played golf while Penny relaxed around the pool. That night we took them to see South Mountain and ate supper at Serranos.

Friday, J and Gary played golf again, Penny relaxed and I got off from work early so that we could get our weekend started! I quickly changed my clothes, picked up Penny and headed to meet J and Gary at San Tan Flats. We shared appetizers and drank a few cocktails. After coming home for a couple hours to relax, we headed up to San Tan Village shopping center for supper. We sat outside in the beautiful weather at Gordon Bierch Brewery. Afterwards, we walked over to Blue Wasabi for a drink.

Saturday while J and Gary were golfing, Penny and I decided to support the economy and go shopping. We started at 10:30, ate lunch at Johnny Rockets then made it back home at 4:00 to meet the boys. The Chihuahua races were going on as well. I wanted to go check them out to get a feel for them since I will probably enter Tory next year. J and I headed to check the races out, but by the time we got there the races were over. First place wins $1,000 and a giant trophy, 2nd place wins $500. They also have a King and Queen contest. I'm pretty excited about trying it out next year! Around 7:00 that night we headed up the street to my old gig, Red White and Brew for supper and drinks. We sat outside once again and listened to the two singing guitar playing guys.

We were up by 5:00 a.m. on Sunday to take them to the airport. Their time here went by too fast! There is too many things to do, lots of places to eat, not much time to do it all in. Sunday was nothing by relaxing for me and J. We were by our pool the whole afternoon.

No comments: