Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ahwatukee Farmers Market

Last Sunday morning J and I visited the Ahwatukee Farmer's Market for the first time. We discovered a native Nebraskan had a booth there .  He runs Pork on a Fork.  Pork raised in Nebraska and shipped here to Arizona for sale.  It was so hot at 10:00 AM that we kinda got in and out pretty quickly.  We bought some red potatoes, carrots, red onions and a red pepper.  I chopped the red pepper up and have it in a baggy in the freezer.  I did that with green peppers too. I love to have chopped peppers ready to be used at any moment and they stay fresh just as they were before.

We've been to the Chandler Farmer's Market before, but they shut theirs down for the summer.  There are a few markets that stay open in the summer and some move to indoor building.

I need to start introducing more vegtables to my diet and branch out to try other things.  Maybe someday...      

No comments: