Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Little Bit of Relaxing

A pretty relaxing weekend it was. The week went pretty fast at work, but work is work. I scored some good deals on fruit from the store on Wednesday. They had pineapples for $1, strawberries for $1.99, head of lettuce for $1, bag of baby carrots $1 and other various fruits and vegetables less than $3. I think I'm going to go back for more strawberries. I want to make a strawberry pie (for the first time). Friday night J and I ate at Chili's. I haven't been there since High School! It was pretty tasty.

Saturday we ate breakfast down the street at Carden's Cafe and Bakery. They recently closed up and now it's back open. They serve breakfast and lunch, sell their own coffee beans and bread on the side. It was inexpensive and a good experience. We spent most of Saturday doing house stuff. I stopped over at Target to buy a deck storage box, they are less than $100. I recommend buying one if you have lots of outdoor stuff like me to hide away. I actually keep our pool towels in there also.

Saturday night we decided to try out Tailgaters Grill in Gilbert. We had no idea it would be packed full of UFC fans or that there was even a fight happening. We got the last little table in the corner. I had an awesome buffalo chicken salad and J opted for the chicken fingers with fries. The food was good and the place was cool. It's only been open for a month or so and business seemed to be booming. Dessert was at Sonic.

Sunday I started off with Starbucks. For some reason I had a hard time waking up even after sleeping in til 8:30. I washed my car and did massive house cleaning while J met up with a few guys for golf. Overall the weekend was nice and calm. This weekend J's family will be here so i imagine we'll be pretty busy.

No comments: