Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hooray for Weekends!

Update from Friday...Jim Breuer and his warm up comic relief were great!! It felt so good to laugh so hard after a long-drawn out-stressful work week. Jim didn't do his goatboy impression, but he was still great. I was not a fan of the Tempe Improv one bit. Getting the over 21 wristband and tickets were fine. It was the fact they try to cram a ton of people in a tiny area. You're sitting on top of each other badly. Service was terrible too. It took about 10 minutes for a waitress to come take our drink order (vanilla wafer martini) and about 8 minutes to receive it. We put our food order in right away, but that took 30 minutes for a half order of nachos. The waitress never came back until last call which by the time you would have received your last call drink you would have had to slam it. Getting out was chaotic too, we hung at our table until most of the crowd left. It's a shame they don't have a bigger place for our great comedians to perform.

Friday was also an after work gathering at Dos Gringos. I knew I'd only be able to have one drink since I needed to make it home for Jim Breuer, but our department manager showed up and ordered a round. So two vanilla vodka-diets later, I'm giddy and pretty much drunk. After Jim Breuer at 10:00, we went back to Dos to meet up with the rest of the partiers who stuck around. Two more vanilla vodka-diets later we headed next door to Iguana Mack's. Iguana's was packed just like Dos, however, they both had a different crowd. The drinks were more expensive at Iguana's and the crowd was dirtier. Although they did have a DJ and a dance floor. I ordered my last drink of the night and we sat outside for about an hour before I knew it was time for me to be home. The car ride was bad for me, but enjoyed being home, motion free with the toilet.

Saturday was slow going at first for me, but I had to get to my 9:45 massage appointment. Again, a great way to end the stressful work week. I also had my 3rd chiro adjustment. Then it was off to some minor errands. We spent the rest of Saturday at home, relaxing and doing house stuff. Later that night we went to On the Border to fulfill J's Mexican food craving. It was such a beautiful perfect -weather- night to sit outside. It was our first time going to this restaurant and we had a great experience and good food. They are a chain restaurant, so their Mexican food isn't as authentic as some of our favorite Mexican restaurants, but this place was decent. Sonic for dessert to end our night.

Sunday was a big sleep in day. We had breakfast at Denny's then stopped at a few open houses in the area. The rest of the day was spent laying next to the pool and hanging out at home.

No comments: