Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Night to Myself

It's almost 11 p.m. here in Arizona and usually I'm not awake. My husband is out of town for the weekend (my first time using the word husband on the ol' blog!). So what else do you do when your spouse is out of town?
Shop!!
I went to my fav... Bed Bath and Beyond. A.K.A BBB. I knew I wanted the Cuisinart mini processor and a king size pillow. You know, you always find a hundred other gadgets and cool things. I found lots of cool things and some of them I'll be testing out this weekend. I found this tiny spatula named the cookie spatula. It's nice and small to use to take your cookies off the pan. I always have the issue of the spatula being too big and running into other cookies when trying to take them off the pan. I also thought I'd try the cookie spoon. It's about the size of a tablespoon and has a flexible rubber bottom so you can flip the dough out of the spoon and onto the pan. My cookie press from Pampered Chef broke a while ago. It will be interesting to see if it works like I'm hoping! I also bought a small salad spinner, the Good Grips brand. I never get the water out enough when it's in the colander and I know the spinners work. Something I've been wanting for a while.

On my way home I stopped by Bashas to get some movies at the one day Blockbuster rental machine. There was a deal that if you bought 2 movies you get the third free. I figured I'd have plenty of time to watch movies and went with the deal. I watched Love Happens. I like Jennifer Aniston, so I see every movie she's in.

Well, I have managed to make myself tired. I'm looking forward to sleeping in, then I have plans to head to Ikea to browse (more shopping!) then back home to watch the other two movies before they have to be returned at 7 p.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my Cuisinart Mini Prep!

Lacey

Vicki said...

I'll be testing it out tomorrow for the broccoli cheese soup recipe! Pretty stoked to use it!