Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nebraska Easter Trip

I'm currently watching American Idol and I love Adam Lambert on this show! Paula actually doesn't seem to be drunk or on drugs for tonight's show.

On my way to work this morning I heard about this story. Check it out. Wow!

Ok, onto the weekend. The Nebraska trip went well. We arrived in Omaha at 11:45 Thursday night. Our flight was delayed due to a dirt storm in Texas, which is where our plane was coming from. We awoke early (Nebraska timezone, 2 hours ahead of Arizona) Friday morning, visited with my parents as my mom made us breakfast. Then it was onto Wymore to visit J's family. We visited with J's mom, ate at Runza that night then visited with his brother. We arrived back in Plattsmouth around 4:00 Saturday afternoon. Relaxed a bit and ate cheeseburgers my mom cooked up for us.

That night J and I went to The Ozone to watch our favorite local band, Lemon Fresh Day. Some of my old co-workers met us there along with close non-work friends. It was good to see my dedicated friends come out and have a good time. We tore up the dance floor and had lots of drinks. Thanks to all who came!

Sunday started off as a rough day. This was due to the fact J and I only had 4 hours of sleep. We were up at 6:00 Nebraska time to get ready to go to church. Thank goodness I can have coffee again! After church we had a nice breakfast at Perkins. Back at home we relaxed and I showed my brother my hundreds of Arizona pictures. It was time to eat our Easter lunch. I ate so much food and it tasted extraordinary. I miss eating my mom's cooking.

After spending a few hours with family and eating tons of food, it was time to pack up and head out. Our flight was schedule for take off at 7:00. We took off after 5:00 since we had to gas up the rental car and return it to allow enough time. We made great time and actually ended up in Arizona 30 minutes early. Uncle B picked us up from the airport along with Tory. She was very much spoiled by Uncle B during her stay with him.

The trip went by too quickly, but we were able to spend a reasonable amount of time with both families to balance it out, then fit some friend time in there also. It feels good to back at the house with warm, sunny weather. Although, I'm still trying to catch up on sleep.

No comments: